This post may contain affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a small commission. Thanks.
Picking a new faucet or bathroom appliance is a big decision! They’re expensive and the last thing you’ll want to do is replace it in 2 years.
Finding the right faucet starts with finding the right brand. Each major brand will have different pros and cons.
Today I’ll be comparing Moen vs Grohe faucets so that you can pick the one right for you.
The good news is that you can’t go wrong. Moen and Grohe are both fantastic brands and make high quality products that are durable, beautiful, and perform well.
I’ll tell you up front that Moen is our winner. They’ve got more models to pick from and better technological features. And they’re more affordable than Grohe.
Both brands are high quality, but they have different strengths and weaknesses.
Quick Summary: Which Brand is the Right Pick for You?
Moen is best for…
- Design – Moen has more options for different models and combinations of faucet types, finishes, and technologies.
- Warranty – Moen’s warranty covers more aspects and parts of their products than most brands.
- Variety – Moen offers the largest amount of design and style options in the faucet industry. Whatever you could possibly want, they’ve got it.
Grohe is best for…
- High-end kitchens and bathrooms – If you are trying to outfit your bathroom and kitchen with high-end products for future resale or to fit in a certain neighborhood, Grohe faucets are a great choice.
- Hard water environments – Grohe does intensive testing with hard water to make sure their faucets will be durable in the harshest conditions.
- Environmentally friendly consumers – Grohe is committed to going zero with carbon emissions. They have reworked their manufacturing to produce as little C02 emissions as possible and they have two initiatives to offset these minimal outputs.
|Technology||High-tech: Great for high power||Water conservation|
|Design||Wide variety of options||Sleek & Modern|
|Warranty||Limited lifetime warranty||Limited lifetime warranty|
We bought our house back in 2018 and have been slowly renovating our space. We did a ton of research and we ultimately decided that Moen faucets were top of the line, but out of our price range. We went with Delta instead.
That being said, we do think Moen are the highest quality you can get. And they’re cheaper than Grohe so when it comes to price, Moen is the winner.
We have an old Moen faucet in our kitchen that we haven’t replaced yet. Our dream is to replace it with one of Moen’s touchless faucets whenever we have the money.
Moen faucets have been around since 1937 when Al Moen started his company. They’re known for their line of bathroom, kitchen, bathtub, and shower heads. They got their start by making high quality single-handle faucets after the founder experienced an accidental burn by a two handle faucet.
Moen has consistently improved the look and performance of its faucets, resulting in some of the highest quality bathroom products on the market.
Their faucets are sleek, durable, and well designed. They’ve also got more options than anyone else to pick from.
The most unique thing about Moen is their high-tech approach and innovation. They are leaders in the faucet industry and are often the first company to pioneer new technology and innovations.
Moen’s innovations for kitchen faucets include MotionSense™, Power Clean™, Power Boost™, Reflex™ Pulldown Kitchen Faucets, Spot Resist™ Finish, M•PACT®, and Hydro Roller™ Massage Combination Shower.
Pros and Cons of Moen
- Design – Moen carries a number of different models, finishes, and technology options.
- Warranty – Moen’s warranty is one of the best in the plumbing industry with lifetime coverage if there’s no damage during the installation.
- More expensive – Moen faucets are high end, but that can also come with a high price. If you’re budget-minded, then Moen’s price point could be tough.
Grohe is a luxury, high-end faucet brand. I’ve never personally used any of their products, which is a shame because they are incredibly sleek looking.
I’m a big fan of using American made faucets and products, but we aren’t the only country with elite manufacturing. Grohe is a German brand that is known for incredibly high quality. They’ve been around since the early 1900’s and are one of the most reputable brands in Europe.
In just the past ten years, Grohe has been awarded more than 240 design and innovation awards as well as a top three placement among “Germany’s most sustainable major companies of 2015”.
This company used to be part of Hansgrohe, but the son, Friedrich Grohe, broke away from his father’s company to start his own product line.
The brand positions itself as an innovative, modern bathroom and kitchen fixtures brand with a specific emphasis on being the best bathroom fixtures brand.In 2014, the Grohe faucet brand was bought by LIXIL who owns a number of other leading brands like American Standard. They are incredibly innovative when it comes to water technology.
Pros and Cons of Grohe
- German made – Germany is known for elite manufacturing and attention to detail that produces high quality products.
- Environmentally friendly – Grohe is one of the leading companies in water conservation and environmental efforts. Buying Grohe product is supporting environmentally-friendly manufacturing.
- Design – Grohe products are simply beautiful. If you like minimalistic and sleek designs, these are for you.
- Expensive – Grohe faucets are at the high-end of the market. The majority of their faucets are $400-600 range.
- Limited finish options – Grohe only offers seven different finishes for their bathroom and kitchen faucets.
Moen vs Grohe: Feature Comparisons
We’ve done a deep dive on Moen vs Grohe features to compare for you. If you’re at all interested in Kohler, we have another comparison that would help you: Kohler vs Grohe faucets.
When it comes to price, Moen is the winner. A higher percentage of their faucets are on the more affordable side compared to Grohe.
Moen is on the more expensive end of the faucet industry. While they have a wide variety, the majority of their bathroom faucets fall in the $150-300 range.
Because of their emphasis on technology, they do have a large selection of more high end faucets in the $500-$1k range.
Their kitchen faucets are more expensive with the majority falling in the $500-750 range. Thankfully, they have a number of slightly cheaper options at the $200-400 price point.
Grohe is a luxury brand and their products are priced accordingly. They have two main price tiers on their website ($100-$499 and $500-1000). We did a deep dive and found that the majority of their faucets are right in the middle, $400-600.
This is significantly higher than most other faucet brands we’ve reviewed like Moen or Delta.
Both brands have great design and style options to pick from. Moen has more faucets to pick from so they are likely to have more options that are right for you. That being said, Grohe has some of the sleekest faucets I’ve ever used.
Moen offers a great variety of design styles for their bathroom faucets. The most popular are either the widespread or single-mount setups. They’ve also got a number of wall mounts and deck mount options.
If that’s not enough, you can go with Centerset. These are faucets with three holes and 4 inches apart.
You can also filter your choices by spout shape, handle type, or valve type.
Design might be the #1 quality of Grohe faucets. They spend more money and effort into faucet design than most other brands.
Grohe has a unique design philosophy with three elements that can immediately help a consumer identify their products. The products always include a ring that highlights the functional area, faucets with a seven-degree angle that is said to improve the user experience. They would call their design style “sensual minimalism.”
They are so obsessed with product design that they tested the optimal angle of a faucet and determined it to be 7 degrees instead of a straight 0 degree angle like most other brands.
The style of Grohe products is classic and sleek. If you have a modern home and want a modern, ergonomic design in kitchen and bathroom fixtures, this is the best choice.
When it comes to technology, it’s a total tie. Moen and Grohe are both incredibly innovative. Grohe has more of a tech focus on being environmentally friendly while Moen has more on faucet functionality itself.
Moen has the widest selection of faucets in the industry. You can get super standard faucets that are affordable. But if you want to go a bit more high-tech, they’ve got the bells and whistles to offer.
They have a number of innovations to make their faucets some of the most effective on the market.
- Motion Sense Technology – This tech involves operating the faucet without the need to touch it. By just moving around the faucet, the sensors located at the neck or base sense the control you need.
- Power clean tech – Releases water with 50% more force to help clean dishes easier and faster. Makes it ideal for low water pressure kitchens.
- M•PACT – Helps to change faucet style without replacing and plumbing costs. They offer compatible installation parts for easy changing.
- Spot Resist technology – Helps keep your faucets free of water spots and stains! Available in stainless steel and brushed nickel finishes.
Grohe is one of the leading companies in faucet technology. Since their merger with LIXIL, they’ve become even more advanced.
Here are some of their technological features:
- Blue technology – Grohe offers a “Blue Technology” for some faucets which has the ability to filter out and create extremely clean water and it can even be sparkling.
- Thermostat mixers – Help get the temperature you want in less than 3 seconds
- SpeedClean – Grohe faucets also require minimal cleaning and maintenance for longer use, because of their speed cleaning technology.
- Touchless – They offer touchless technology for only their kitchen faucets.
- Sense tech – Ensures waters is not leaking where it shouldn’t be, and there is less risk of a pipe bursting.
4. Finishes and colors
Moen and Grohe are tied when it comes to kitchen faucets (7 each). However, Moen gets the win because they offer 11 different bathroom faucet finishes compared to just 7 by Grohe.
Moen offers a fairly standard selection of faucet finishes and colors. For the bathroom, you can pick from 11 different options with the most popular being chrome or brushed nickel. For the kitchen, the most popular of their 7 selections is matte black or stainless steel.
Grohe offers a somewhat limited variety of finish options, but that’s somewhat normal for high-end brands. They usually specialize in a few finishes. Grohe offers 7 different bathroom faucet finishes to pick from and 7 finishes for their kitchen faucets.
Moen has an incredible selection of models. They’ve got more than any of the top faucet brands we’ve researched. Compared to Grohe, it isn’t even close. Moen has a total of almost 1000 faucets when you add up their bathroom and kitchen options.
Grohe has about 120 total.
This really isn’t a surprise since Grohe is a premium brand and has a more limited selection.
Moen has 450+ kitchen faucet options to pick from and 400+ bathroom faucet models available. This is just another evidence of how innovative and creative Moen has been over the years.
When it comes to kitchen faucets, no other brand comes even close to this much variety. They’ve also got the widest offering of laundry and bar area faucets.
Grohe is fairly limited in their selections to pick from. They have 82 different bathroom faucets to pick from and only 38 different kitchen faucet options. Compared to most brands, this is very little. The big American brands usually have several hundred models.
All of the warranties we’ve seen offered by different faucet companies are the exact same.
Moen offers a lifetime limited warranty which covers almost every part except damage resulting from installation. As long as you’re the original owner of the faucet, you can get it replaced if it ever starts leaking or dripping.
It’s good to note that the electronic parts have a different warranty depending on the model.
Grohe offers a limited lifetime warranty on mechanical parts and a five-year warranty on electronic faucets and valves. This doesn’t cover normal “wear and tear” that you’d expect to see. This warranty also only covers the original owner of the faucet.
Final Verdict: Moen vs Grohe Faucets
Moen and Grohe both create amazing faucets and shower heads with modern styles, technology, and design. Their products are also durable and perform well over time. I’m confident that if you purchase a faucet from either brand, you’ll be satisfied.
If we had to pick one brand to go with, we’d go with Moen. But it really depends on what you’re looking for.
- Moen – Best for Touchless Faucets, high-end faucets, and great warranties.
- Grohe – Best for high-end, luxury homes and people who are passionate about the environment.
I hope this Moen vs Grohe comparison helped you decide which brand is right for you!
We’ve also done a comparison of Grohe vs Hansgrohe if you need more help picking the right brand for you!